- ¼ cup cashews
- 1 (8 oz) package precooked beets, roughly chopped
- ⅛ red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ¼-inch disks
- Soak cashews in ½ cup hot water. Let stand for at least 15 minutes, then drain thoroughly.
- Chop beets, onion, and parsley.
- Combine cashews, beets, and garlic in a blender and purée until a smooth paste forms. Transfer to a bowl and add onions, parsley, lemon juice, and mustard; mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice cucumber and serve with dip.
Fruits, vegetables, and other plant foods, including the beets, onions, garlic, and parsley found in this recipe, are considered the foundation of an anti-inflammatory diet.